Yeah, so when I want to just have a break and watch the latest Daily Show posted on Reddit, Comedy Central dumps me off to fend for myself like some kind of bum. Ok maybe Im Canadian, but for the level of popularity of this link, this is damn well unforgiveable.
Lets see, we have a url with a query string:
But somebody at Comedy Central, probably someone with no sense of humor at all, cant figure out how to pass episodeId=220250 to the canadian mirror. It takes a little more programming, but not a lot more. Something like this is easy to figure out, because there is a unique identifier there to work with. From there on in, we would just be passed along to the mirror and we would be happy and laughing and we wouldnt be left on a dead page, screaming FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- …….
Holy Crap here is an update!
On digg recently, someone posted the fix for this one!
You are a Firefox user, yes? I dont need to tell you now do I? Good. Go install the following Firefox plugin:
1) In Firefox, Go to tools->modify headers
2) From the drop down box on the left select add
3) Then enter: “X-Forwarded-For” in the first input box without the quotation marks
4) Enter: “220.127.116.11″ in the second input box without the quotation marks
5) Leave the last input box empty, and save the filter, and enable it
6) Click the ‘Configuration’ tab on the right then proceed to check the ‘always on’ button.
Close the Modify Headers box and it should work.
Tested on Ubuntu. It worky.
All credit goes to Digg user casspa.
ah, no more screamin!